- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- ½ clove crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 500 grams washed, peeled and chopped carrots
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- toasted chopped hazelnuts
- fresh thyme
- Chop the carrots and onions into small pieces.
- Sauté the onion, garlic, crushed ginger & turmeric then add the carrots and vegetable stock. Simmer until the carrots are tender then puree until smooth. Add more liquid if necessary.
- Garnish with fresh thyme and roasted hazelnuts.