- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic,finely chopped
- 4 cardamom pods, seeds only
- 5cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and cubed
- 1 cooking apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 450 mL hot vegetable stock
- Few toasted corn tortillas, sliced into triangles
- Fresh coriander leaves, for garnish
- Heat oil and butter in a heavy based pan. Add onion and a pinch of sea salt and cook on a gentle heat for about 3-4 minutes, then stir through garlic and cardamom seeds. Cook for a few mins more.
- Add ginger, rosemary and pumpkin. Stir to coat, then add freshly ground black pepper. Stir in apple and cook for 5 minutes or until it just starts to caramelize.
- Pour in a little stock, raise heat and stir to get all bits from bottom of pan. Add remaining stock and bring to the boil. Reduce to a low simmer and cook with lid ajar for about 15-20 minutes until pumpkin is tender.
- Ladle into a liquidiser and blend until smooth or to your desired consistency.
- Serve with tortilla triangles and coriander.
Highly Nutritious and Particularly Rich in Vitamin A