- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon golden balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh tarragon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 8 large strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/4 thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced, toasted almonds
- Whisk the extra virgin olive oil with the balsamic vinegar, sugar, tarragon, salt and freshly ground black pepper in a bowl for approx.5 minutes.
- Place the chicken breasts in a shallow dish and cover with half of the dressing, refrigerate in the marinade for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the breast from the fridge at least 30 minutes before cooking to room temperature.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil in a pan until hot. Place the chicken breasts in the hot pan and seal on both sides until brown. Reduce the cooking temperature to medium low and cook the chicken for 15-20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. Slice the chicken into thin pieces.
- Arrange all the ingredients in a bowl, drizzle the salad dressing over and top with the toasted almonds.
This salad is a source of mono-saturated fats and folic acid