- 2 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 4x 200g pork chops ( 200g per person)
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- ½ cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium green apples thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- Season both sides of pork chops with salt and black pepper. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to large heavy bottomed pan and heat over a medium heat. Add pork chops to pan allowing space in between the chops to cook evenly. Sear 3-5 minutes per side, or until pork chops are mostly done. Chops will continue cooking in the sauce later.
- Remove pork chops to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan then add the apples and onions. Cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt, pepper, sage, rosemary, and thyme. Stir to combine.
- Pour in stock, mustard and apple juice. Using a wooden spoon to stir, combine all the juices at the bottom of the pan.
- Slide pork chops back into the pan, nestling them down in between the apples.
- Cook 2-3 minutes, until pork chops are finished cooking and liquid has reduced by half.
A good source of protein and fiber.